This guide will teach you how to connect an Xbox 360 to the internet without buying the Xbox 360 wireless network adapter.
You will need a laptop with a wireless connection to the internet or a desktop with a wireless connection.
Most desktop computers do not have wireless, but some do and often have USB wireless adapters, so be sure to check.
There are two methods for doing this, both using a laptop built-in wireless to connect to a router while the Ethernet is connected to the Xbox 360.
- Ethernet Cable
- Laptop running Windows connected to the internet, or a desktop with a wireless connection.
Windows PC Settings for Xbox 360 to Share Internet (Method #1)
- Type in Control panel on the bottom bar and open it
- Select Network and Internet
- Select Network and Sharing
- Select Change adapter settings
- Highlight both connections using the CTRL button, then right click and select Bridge Connections
- A new connection saying “Network Bridged” should come up and the Xbox 360 should now be connected to the internet.
- Go to Control Panel and select View network status and task.
- Under “View your active networks” click your laptops wireless connection.
- A “Wireless Network Connection Status” box will appear, Go into properties.
- Click Sharing
- Check the box that says “Allow other network users to connect through this computer internet connection. ” and then click the OK button.
- The Xbox 360 should now be connected to the internet through the laptops wireless interface.
Windows PC Settings for Xbox 360 to Share Internet (Method #2)