It gives a great alternative to install Apps the big companies block.
For example, movie APKs can be installed from Aptoide TV along with many other popular Apps.
This makes it a great one-stop-shop for the Fire TV Stick to get Apps and updates from one source.
The one problem with the Fire TV Stick and Aptoide TV is the default remote control does not work well navigating the menu.
There is two ways to fix this install the Mouse Toggle App or use a Bluetooth Keyboard.
There are many low-cost Bluetooth keyboards that work with the Fire TV.
Read Here for Our Picks for Best Fire TV Stick Bluetooth Keyboard.
How To Install Aptoide TV to an Amazon Fire TV Stick
- At the top go to Settings
- Go to My Fire TV
- Select Developer Options
- Turn On both ABD debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
- Go Back to the Home Screen
- Click to the left for the search option to come up.
- Type in Downloader
- After typing in Downloader scroll to it and click it.
- The Downloader App should come up click it.
- Click Get for the Downloader app to download and install.
- After it installs click Open
- Click on the http:// address box section.
- Type in https://en.aptoide.com/download and click GO.
- Aptoide file will Download.
- After it downloads click Install at the bottom right.
- It will Install.
- Click Open.