This includes website URL Links or attachments that will not open when clicked on.
A quick workaround is to copy the link and paste it into a browser which can be a pain but can work in a pinch.
Below are four fixes for a more permanent solution.
4 Fixes when Discord Not Opening Links
- Fix #1: Run Discord as Admin
- Fix #2: Change the Default Browser
- Fix #3: Run Discord from your Browser
- Fix #4: Clear Discord Cache
- Press the Windows and R Key at the same time, which will bring up a Run Box
- Copy and Pasts or Type in the following command %appdata%/discord/cache
- Press CTRL + A to select all the files
- Press Shift + DEl to delete the selected files
- Restart Discord and check the Search option
This is easy to do by right-clicking the desktop icon and selecting Run as Administer.
If the browser is having an issue, it may need to be changed as the default option.
For example, if Firefox is currently your default browser setting it to Chrome may clear the problem.
Using a browser to run Discord can often make the links clickable again.
To do this, go to the main website here, discord.com and select “Open Discord in Your Browser.”
A cache can sometimes cause an issue if old bad data keeps being read and causing errors.
Clearing the cache and restarting Discord can help clear out old bad data.
Clearing it is quick and easy by deleting all the files in the Discord cache folder.
How To Clear Discord Cache
If Discord will not open links, it can no doubt be frustrating.
While copying and pasting the link or attachment into a browser such as Chrome or Firefox works, it is not ideal.
A better solution is to find the cause and get the links to work again.
The most common fix is to run Discord as Admin which sets permission much higher for a user.
The next step is to change the default browser to another one as it may have a bug causing it to not open.
Discord can also be run directly from a browser which can often fix problems such as unclickable links.
And last, clear the cache, which may have bad data that is being read, causing an issue.