If you have an H.265+ DVR / NVR and need to install a hard drive it easy to do.
The internal hard drive is called a SATA hard drive which is commonly used in desktop and laptop computers.
The H.265+ case has space for a large desktop hard drive or a small laptop hard drive with either working.
How To Install a Hard Drive To an H.265+ DVR/ NVR
- Remove the cover held in place with 4 screws.
- Locate the 2 SATA connectors.
- Position the hard drive in the case.
- Screw the hard drive into place.
- Attach the 2 SATA connectors the drive.
- Attach the cover and plug in power to the unit along with a mouse and monitor.
- Power on the unit and look for a warning about needing the hard drive formatted and Click OK.
- The hard drive will format.
- After it is done formatting it is ready to be used.
Installing a hard drive to an H.265+ NVR is a good way to save on cost.
Units can be bought with a hard drive already installed and may be best for most people.
If the drive has gone bad and is giving errors it can be replaced the same way.
Have you installed a hard drive in a DRV/NVR? Let us know your thoughts below.