Using a VPN with Kodi is always a good idea for a variety of reasons.
A VPN can be set up with a PC, smartphone, Android TV box, and even the Fire TV stick.
The Fire TV Stick is a popular option to run Kodi and can run a VPN and Kodi at the same time.
There are many VPN’s available, but most do not have an App that can be downloaded from the Amazon store.
If you already are paying for a VPN they may have an app that can be side loaded with the Downloader program.
IPVanish has a native Fire TV Stick app and is built to run in the background with Kodi.
An IPVanish account can also be used on any other devices you may have. They are also Kodi friendly and keep no records or logs.
As stated above there are more VPN’s to choose from with IPVanish simply the best one I have found. I have been using it for over a year with good success on a Fire Stick and Android TV box.
When using a VPN it is best to disconnect from it when downloading apps from Amazon or making purchases.
How To Install a VPN with Kodi on a Fire TV Stick
- Sign up Here for an IPVanish paid service plan and get a username and password.
- Turn on the Firestick go to the top of the page and highlight Home
- Click to the left and a search menu will come up.
- Type in IPVanish VPN.
- Scroll to it highlighting IPVanish and click it.
- IPVanish box will come up click it.
- Click Download.
- It will Download and Install.
- Click Open when it is done. It will also be available from the main menu.
- Enter the Username and Password.
- After logging in there are a few options to choose from to get the best server for you, by Country and City, with locations all around the world.
- Click connect and OK on the popup box.
- Once connected to a server you can always disconnect by clicking the big Disconnect button.
- Once connected to the VPN Server press the HOME button on the remote to leave the VPN running and go to Kodi.
Doing a hard restart will usually fix the error.
If installing Apps be sure to disconnect from the VPN as Amazon will sometimes give this error when connected.
Some users cant get rid of this error which is usually with the 1st generation Fire TV Stick.
Testing the VPN Connection
It can be a good idea to test the connection to be sure it is using the Server selected.