Using a VPN is a good thing to have in many scenarios.
From keeping information safe at a coffee house or while traveling to simply downloading torrents having a VPN is nice to have.
There are many good VPN available that can vary in data, devices used, cost and more.
But which VPN is the easiest to setup on an Android?
I was recently asked this question so I thought why not put together a list of the best and easy to setup Android VPNs.
Things that Make a VPN Easy to Setup on an Android
- App in the Google Play Store
Having an app to install is a must have that installs quickly and has an easy to use menu.
Most major VPN providers will have an app but it can be surprising that many dont.
If they have a setup that requires using the VPN software built into every Android the setup will not be as easy.
The built-in Android VPN does work but requires configuring and is not the easiest to use when switching servers.
How the app was built with a good interface and options should also be considers since some can be a bit buggy.
And last the service itself must be good with no logs, many servers around the world, dependable, at a reasonable cost.
Easiest VPN to Setup and Use for an Android 2019
IP Vanish is one of the more popular VPN currently available.
They have a lot of good option including zero logs, multiple devices, apps, torrent friendly and more.
There have three different pricing plans including 1 month 10.00, 3 months 8.99, and 1 year at 6.49 a month.
The basic setup for an android is to download the app, choose a plan, enter the username and password, and connect to a server.
This makes them have a very easy setup for an android smartphone, tablet, or android TV box.
Other devices (up-to 10) can also be used simultaneously at the same time each with their own app.
How To Setup IP Vanish on an Android Smartphone
IPVanish is a paid service and will need a username and password. Sign up for IPVanish HERE
- Go to the Play Store and search for IPVanish
- Click Install
- After it installs it will be located in the Apps section of your smartphone.
- Open IPVanish and at the top left click for the options.
- Click Login
- Enter you Username and Password and Sign In.
- A list of servers will come up select the one you want to use.
- There are many servers located around the world so choose the best option for you, it can always be changed.
- It will connect to the server
- A screen will come up showing you are connected
- You will now be connected to the VPN. To test it open a Browser and Google “What is my IP” it should show the city connected to in IPVanish.