The Alfa AWUS036H USB adapter/dongle is a good USB adapter that has been around for many years.
Recently when I tried to use The USB adapter with Windows 10 it wouldn’t work.
After playing around a bit I installed the drivers manually.
Steps To Install The Alfa AWUSU36H USB Adapter with Windows 10
- If you don’t have the AWUS036H Windows 7 64 bit driver you can download it from Alfa here. https://www.alfa.com.tw
- Extract the folder if you had to downloaded it.
- The files we need are located in the Win7X64 folder which is under RTL8287 folder. Don’t click on the install files simply know were they are at.
- Be sure the adapter is plugged in and go to Device Manager by typing it in the bottom box. Click on it when it comes up.
- Click the arrow on Network Adapters and you should see the Alfa adapter there. It most likely has a yellow icon indicating a problem. Click on the Alfa adapter.
- A box will come up click the Update Driver tab.
- Click the bottom but that says Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click Have Disk
- Click the browse button and point it to the Win7x64 folder that contains the drivers. It is located under RTL8187–>Win7X64
- After selecting the file click OK than Next and the driver will install.
- Your Alfa AWUS036H USB adapter should now work with Windows 10.