Kodi when combined with a good add-on, can stream most any type of videos that can be thought of.
While Kodi can be played on many platforms from an old computer to a Raspberry Pi, Android TV boxes have become very popular options.
Android TV boxes combine fast hardware along with a nice box that fits in with a TV entertainment center.
Installing Kodi into an Android box is simple as it is in the Play Store and can be installed like any other app.
It also can be downloaded from the main Kodi site and installed.
While installing Kodi itself is easy, most get confused when it is time to install the add-ons which are what let Kodi stream content.
With that in mind below are the steps to installing Kodi 19 Matrix and the popular Oath add-on on your Android TV box, the same will go for any Android device.
If you have an older version of Kodi such as 17 or 18 it can be updated to Kodi 19 but the old version should first be uninstalled.
Kodi 19 Matrix needs Android 5.0 lollipop or higher to install.
To see which version you have go to Settings–>About page.
How to Install Kodi 19 Matrix on an Android TV Box
Kodi can be installed from the Google Play Store or from the Kodi Site.
Installing from the Play Store is easiest for most but either method will work.
Installing Kodi itself is easy by downloading it and clicking Install.
Installing add-ons such as The Oath is what confuse most.
Below are the steps to install The Oath into Kodi 19 Matrix with pictures.
Steps to Setup Unknown Sources in 19 Matrix
Kodi 19 Matrix needs a box checked called Unknown Sources to install add-ons such as The Oath.
After Unknown Sources have been set to ON, repositories and add-ons can be installed.
The steps are similar to older versions of Kodi with a repository URL needed to be setup and than the add-ons installed.
Below is a step-by-step of The Oath. The same steps can be used to install any add-on by changing the URL to the repository it is in.
Read Here to See All the Top Best Up-To-Date Add-ons
How To Install The Oath Kodi Addon
- At the top left click the System Settings Icon
- Click File Manager
- On the left click Add Source
- Click where it says NONE
- Type in the URL: https://host505.github.io/
- In the next box down name it Oath and click OK
- Double check everything is correct and click OK
- Go back to the main menu and click Add-ons
- Click the Add-on Package Installer Icon at the top left
- Click Install from zip file
- Kodi 19 users click OK on the Warning popup and be sure Unknown Sources is set to on
- A box will pop open select Oath
- Click repository.host505-2.5.zip
- Wait for the Repository to download and popup at the top right and say Repo Installed
- Click Install from repository
- Click Host505 repo
- Video Add-ons
- Click The Oath
- Click Install
- A box will popup showing all the dependencies and add-ons that will be install Click OK
Installing Kodi to an Android box is easy but many have problems understanding how it works.
Kodi and its add-ons are all free so there is a degree of technicality to it.
Android TV boxes with Kodi already installed can be bought but with a few good YouTube videos and tutorials you should be up and running in no time.